Friday, June 29, 2007

Caroline's Cooking

On Wednesday, I made this recipe called Tuna Risotto. It means "tuna with rice". The picture here is of me squeezing the garlic out in the pan. I squished it really hard and my mom had trouble getting out the pieces.


Next I had to stir it for a really, really long time. My arms started to hurt so mom and me took turns. When the chicken broth dried out, we had to put more chicken broth in and stir, stir, stir, stir, stir! Because it makes the rice creamy and soft. My mom makes risotto sometimes, but she says it's hard to make because it takes a lot of patience.


After all the stirring, we put in spinach, 2 cans of tuna that we drained out, and a bunch of parmesan cheese. We had peas and fresh apricots to go with this. Everybody really liked it and so did I. We decided that we wanted to make it more since everybody really liked it.

Mom and I found this recipe on the internet. It is cool that you can look for foods to make online. If you want to try our recipe on your family, here is the link:

http://busycooks.about.com/od/seafoodrecipe1/r/tunarisotto.htm

2 comments:

grammy4him said...

Wow...that looks yummy!! I would have to leave out the spinach for Grandpa, but I think we would all like that!!

Great job, Caroline!!

love, Grammy

William said...

Dear Caroline,
I really liked that tuna risotto. The only part I didn't like was the vegetables. Make it next time without the vegetables, please.

Love, Will